Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window AC Compressor won't shut off

On Jul 10, 7:53*am, " wrote:
I have to work it manually. I can hear the thermostat click if I turn
it up or down, but the compressor just runs the whole time.
The room will get too cold if I leave it run. I can have it on fan
only, and turn the thermostat all the way down and hear it click, but
if I turn it to A/C
the compressor kicks in right away.
Could there be a relay in there stuck or burnt together?
Thanks, Tony

I had a bad double capacitor do that to me once on a full size split
system. The power for the fan was backfeeding through the capacitor
to the compressor.

Need to look at the circuit and start checking things out with a
meter. Often the circuit diagram is inside the housing somewhere.