Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default need a HD toilet seat

On 07/09/2010 06:19 PM, Michael B wrote:
Shouldn't be a big deal. They break because of weight distribution.
Several small furniture feet screwed into the seat, adjusted so that
they barely hold a piece of paper when the seat is down.
Lot less expensive than bariatric seats.

On Jul 9, 8:56 am, Andrew wrote:
Hi All,

I've got a excellent, long-term tenant that is obese. On average, he was
breaking toilet seats about once a year. The last time the seat broke, I
put in an expensive $30 unit. It lasted almost two years.

I can't afford to keep going back on the same problem cause labor is just
way too expensive. Does anyone make a *real* heavy duty toilet seat?

I bought one online that had four feet on it and a brass hinge... that
might be the solution

http://www.signaturehardware.com/class260

I'm not obese, but the girl wanted chromed hinges and the ones I bought
at the local Big Box were chromed pot metal and looked like hell after a
year. This one still polishes up OK. The four feet thing I guess is a
bonus.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.