Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

I remember reading about hard scleral contact lenses that were
designed to reshape the cornea to correct vision. Nowadays
scleral lenses have
been developed for all sorts of treatments of eye problems but I
think what I read about back then was concerning the use of the
lenses instead of surgery to correct a misshaped cornea. There
is all sorts of
information on the Internet about the amazing work being done
with that
type of lens now.

TDD

Having worn hard contacts from age 22 until well over 50, I had to
resort to glasses for a number of months before LASIK surgery.
The reason was just what you are saying: my corneas had reshaped
to the inside curve of the hard lenses. Over the 4-5 months, as I
recall, waiting, my eyes were tested monthly and it was only when
there was no month-to-month change did they proceed with the
LASIK. He said my time waiting was unusual and that normally it
was less. With soft contacts, even toric ones, it's just a couple
weeks as I recall.

Nonny

--
On most days,