Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default need a HD toilet seat

"Tegger" wrote in message
Andrew Ross wrote in
:

Hi All,

I've got a excellent, long-term tenant that is obese. On
average, he
was breaking toilet seats about once a year. The last time the
seat
broke, I put in an expensive $30 unit. It lasted almost two
years.

I can't afford to keep going back on the same problem cause
labor is
just way too expensive. Does anyone make a *real* heavy duty
toilet
seat?

Sure looks like it. I discovered they're called "bariatric"
toilet seats. "Bariatrics" is a branch of medicine that
deals with obesity.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=heavy-duty+toilet+seat+bariatric&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_r fai=&fp=dd2d1939af06a5a
These seats are rated up to 500 lbs.

Do the guy a favor and also consider a grab bar to hold when
lowering and raising himself off the toilet. It might also help
prevent damage to the seat from sudden sit-downs, and I bet it'd
be appreciated.

Nonny

--
On most days,