Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rain drainage solution

On 7/9/2010 10:12 AM mike spake thus:

On Jul 8, 10:53 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

When the subject of running downspouts inside walls came up here some
time ago, I thought the consensus was that it was a Bad Idea. Pipes
leaking inside walls and such.

I think Tom is assuming that sewer-grade plumbing would be used, not
typical downspout crap. With how easy it is to assemble and glue PVC
or ABS, this is a very reasonabe assumption.

Well, now that you mention it, it does seem OK to do that--after all,
other waste pipes go inside walls, so why not storm drains?

Maybe the real problem is the outside connection with the gutter system,
although I suppose it should be possible to connect that securely too.