Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default For Sale: 36" Northfield Bandsaw

"RicodJour" wrote in message

The taxes are simply not where they need to be. Check out how many
industrialized nations don't have a VAT for imports. If there was a
US VAT on imports it would help level the playing field.

Have you ever looked at import taxes on automobiles?

The economy and imports are not, ahem, driven by Detroit alone.
Congress...that's another matter.

I'm agreeing with your initial assessment, but tweaking it. It isn't
a case of taxing the hell out of everything, it's a case of not taxing
the right thing and taxing the wrong things.

In any event, it's a nice bandsaw, but a bit small for the bandsaw
jewelry boxes I make.

Where I was going, if the government could control its spending the burden
would be less on all of us. Most the Detroit auto makers would have fallen,
like they recently did, many years ato had the enormous import tax not been
in effect on foreign cars. The import taxd did not help the auto industry
it just patched one of many bleeders. IIRC the import tax on our 1990
Acura Integra was in the neighborhood of $6K on a car the stickered for
$14K.

I suspect the Northfield would NOT fit in your shop. I bet is is over 8'
tall and weighs 2700 lbx. ;~)