Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default For Sale: 36" Northfield Bandsaw

On Jul 9, 5:32*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 4:06 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"LdB" wrote in message
On 7/8/2010 8:53 PM, woodstuff wrote:

Back closer to reality, however, there are alot of industrial
woodworking
machines floating around at really low prices.I am leaving out some
heartfelt comments about the government, the manufacturing exodus to
china,
and the State of the Union as I see it

woodstuff

What of the reality of your wife running into Walmart to by a bib for
some
new rug rat. Not only has she helped put textile workers out of work,
she
has also put the people who build the textile machines out of work. Like
dominos, when one falls another goes with it. Sooner or later one of
those
dominos will land on her head. If you have an Asian tool in your
workshop
you deserve a domino yourself.

Personally I'm sick of hearing people blame the government for problems
caused by their own greed. That's what it's all about, isn't it. Jump up
and yell all the patriotic slogans you can think of until you have to
reach into your wallet. Then it's f*** the country and everyone in it..
My
money is more precious than anyting else. I'll by the cheapest product I
can find.

Shame on anyone who buys Asian products then blames the government for
the
manufacturing exodus.

If the American government was not $11,000,000,000,000.00 + in debt
perhaps
the American businesses could afford to build a product that is
compeditive.
But it appears that the answer from out government is to tax the hell out
of every thing until everything grinds to a hault..

The taxes are simply not where they need to be. *Check out how many
industrialized nations don't have a VAT for imports. *If there was a
US VAT on imports it would help level the playing field.

Have you ever looked at import taxes on automobiles?

The economy and imports are not, ahem, driven by Detroit alone.
Congress...that's another matter.

I'm agreeing with your initial assessment, but tweaking it. It isn't
a case of taxing the hell out of everything, it's a case of not taxing
the right thing and taxing the wrong things.

In any event, it's a nice bandsaw, but a bit small for the bandsaw
jewelry boxes I make.