Posted to alt.home.repair
FatterDumber& Happier Moe FatterDumber& Happier Moe is offline

Default need a HD toilet seat

Jon Danniken wrote:
Andrew Ross wrote:
Hi All,

I've got a excellent, long-term tenant that is obese. On average, he
was breaking toilet seats about once a year. The last time the seat
broke, I put in an expensive $30 unit. It lasted almost two years.

I can't afford to keep going back on the same problem cause labor is
just way too expensive. Does anyone make a *real* heavy duty toilet
seat?

Labor? It takes five minutes to install a terlet seat, and that includes
the time required to clean the toilet!

Jon

I had some rent houses and some of those renters..... were big! I had
trouble with them leaning back on the tank and wound up having to put a
blocks between the tank and the wall so the tank wouldn't wouldn't get
pushed back and leak. A person ought to be able to weigh their renters
and charge extra for the extra lbs. Not as bad as the cats and dogs
they sneak in but it comes of the bottom line. (no pun intended)
BTW just for the fun of it, if you look at the inside of the tank
there will usually be a date of manufacture somewhere. Oldest one I
ever found was 1926.