Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Steam bending advice

On Jul 8, 6:50*pm, pete wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:06:23 -0700 (PDT), GROVER wrote:
On Jul 8, 1:48*pm, Phil Brown wrote:
I need to bend some 3/16" oak and I know enough to know I shouldn't
overcook it. Can some one give me a guideline on how long to leave it
in?
Thanks in advance,
Phil Brown

I don't know if you can find it, but Norm of the NYW did a show on
this exact subject. He bent oak into a victorian style hat and coat
rack.
Joe G

I recall that programme. From memory, didn't he split the wood,
rather than cutting it, before it went in the steamer?

Pete, your memory serves you well, he did split the oak stock rather
than saw it.

Joe G