Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good small LED flashlights

On 07/08/10 08:42 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:

... I'm -11.75 in one eye and not much better in the other. I've
been wearing hard contacts for 40+ years -- during which time I've lost
three. And for the past few years I've needed reading and computer
glasses (two different pairs) as well. "Fortunately" (??) I may need
cataract surgery within the next few years, so they'll be able to fix
the distance vision and maybe even (with "adaptive" or "multi-focal"
lenses) the presbyopia as well.

I got my first contacts when I was in college 40 years ago and of course
they where the hard plastic. I loved it when I got soft contacts and the
level of comfort was so much better but I haven't worn contacts for
years because I can't wear them when I'm working due to all the crap
that can get into my eyes.

About 25 years ago I asked my ophthalmologist about switching to soft
lenses. He said, "If you can wear hard lenses, don't switch."

Perce

I remember reading about hard scleral contact lenses that were designed
to reshape the cornea to correct vision. Nowadays scleral lenses have
been developed for all sorts of treatments of eye problems but I think
what I read about back then was concerning the use of the lenses instead
of surgery to correct a misshaped cornea. There is all sorts of
information on the Internet about the amazing work being done with that
type of lens now.

TDD