Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Under sink water filters

Steve B wrote:
I want to put an under the sink water filtration system in. I know there
are reverse osmosis units, and all types of filtration systems. What is
typical and necessary to get good tasting water, not particularly to trap
particulates.

Can one get an RO system themselves and install it, or is this a captive
market where you have to buy from the major companies and pay big bucks?

Is an RO system overkill, or could one achieve the same results with a
couple of filters in series?

TIA

Steve

Hi,
I installed one with RO based. Two filters before and two more after.
Last stage is UV tube. Maybe over kill but while I am at it and cost
difference is not a big deal, why not?