Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Wiring a phone jack

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:35:18 -0700, "Nonny" wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

"LouB" wrote in message
desgnr wrote:

I found the phone line that has 6 conductors.
White wire w/ Orange
White wire w/ Green
Green wire w/ White
Blue wire w/ white
White wire w/ Blue
Orange wire w/ White

I ran a wire but it has 4 conductors.
Red
Green
Yellow
Black

How do i wire this for Verizon DSL ?
Do i have to use all 6 Conductor's ?

Tried google for info?

Your answer is reminiscent of a fellow who used to post over on
another newsgroup. He had a travel website with reports about
cruise ships, ports and excursions on it. Whenever someone would
post to the newsgroup with a question about a ship etc. the fellow
would post something to the effect, "You should visit my website
at http://www.kenxxx.com where you will find answers to your
questions." If you're going to refer someone to Google or Bing,
perhaps it would be more appropriate and productive to at least
include the phrase they should use in the search or even some of
your own search result URL's.

I always google for "I have a problem". I learned that from some of
the subject lines in this and other ngs.

It seems to work well. I get loads of hits, though I think it's the
same ones each time.

Nonny