Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Wiring a phone jack

On 07/08/2010 10:38 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Thu 08 Jul 2010 07:08:30a, desgnr told us...

I found the phone line that has 6 conductors.
White wire w/ Orange
White wire w/ Green
Green wire w/ White
Blue wire w/ white
White wire w/ Blue
Orange wire w/ White

I ran a wire but it has 4 conductors.
Red
Green
Yellow
Black

How do i wire this for Verizon DSL ?
Do i have to use all 6 Conductor's ?

Most of us would probably be guessing since there is no apparent
direct correlation between the colors. Why not call Verizon
technical support?

actually there is. his first wire is a CAT5 or CAT6 network cable. The
second is a regular phone wire. There are standards for how to hook up
both. I'm too lazy to google it right now but hopefully I've thrown
enough keywords out there to get him the info he needs. (I don't know
the answer off the top of my head as I have not run into CATx used for
phone wiring yet, but I understand it is becoming common on new
construction.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.