Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good small LED flashlights

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:54:53 -0700, "Nonny" wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
On 7/7/2010 7:08 PM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 7/7/2010 2:27 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
"Steve wrote:

I like just a little light.

Do you have blue, gray or green eyes? I have blue eyes. My
brother
has brown eyes. My late mother had brown eyes.

My mother would often turn on the light over the sink when I
was
washing dishes and say, "Isn't that better?" I would reply,
"No,
it's just brighter. It's not better." My brother always
seems to
want rooms more brightly lit than I want them.
--

I'm very nearsighted and the more light, the better for me.
This is

Then you're farsighted.

If you need "reading" glasses, here's a trick. Get your eyes
examined by a
professional and get a script for magnifying contact lenses (a
"+" value).

Wear only one.

Sorry, I'm an expert on myopia going on 60 years. I wear concave
not convex lenses. My lenses move the point of focus back so the
light
will focus on my retinas. I'm -9 in one eye and -6.5 in the
other.
I am nearsighted. Presbyopia started bothering me around age 50
and
I often take my glasses off in order to see very close up.

TDD

Have you looked into LASIK or even implantable lenses? I was
around -8 in both eyes and wore glasses since 2nd grade. At 51, I
had LASIK done. I laid on the table and in 5 minutes was told to
sit up. There was no pain or sensation at all. The next morning,
I was 20-25 in both eyes and that improved to 20-15 within a
month. It was almost like a miracle.

Lasik certainly isn't for everyone. I can see distances fine (don't
understand where the astigmatism came from recently, though), but need glasses
(bifocals) for close work. Basically, Lasik would trade my distance vision
for short distances. Not a good trade.

BTW, I didn't start wearing cheaters until I was almost 55 and within six
months I had bifocals. That was three years ago.

Later, cataracts came along and it was back under the knife, so to
speak. Again, the morning after the surgery, the implanted lenses
had taken me back to 20-25 and again by the end of a month, I was
20-20 and could read menus in dim light again.

They are good at that stuff.