Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

On 07/07/10 08:47 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm very nearsighted and the more light, the better for me. This is
because like a camera, when the iris is closed to a smaller size,
the depth of field (area in focus) is greater. I have lights all
over the place and I usually carry one or more flashlights with me
wherever I go.

Then you're farsighted.

If you need "reading" glasses, here's a trick. Get your eyes examined
by a
professional and get a script for magnifying contact lenses (a "+"
value).

Wear only one.

Sorry, I'm an expert on myopia going on 60 years. I wear concave not
convex lenses. My lenses move the point of focus back so the light
will focus on my retinas. I'm -9 in one eye and -6.5 in the other.
I am nearsighted. Presbyopia started bothering me around age 50 and
I often take my glasses off in order to see very close up.

Only -9? I'm -11.75 in one eye and not much better in the other. I've
been wearing hard contacts for 40+ years -- during which time I've lost
three. And for the past few years I've needed reading and computer
glasses (two different pairs) as well. "Fortunately" (??) I may need
cataract surgery within the next few years, so they'll be able to fix
the distance vision and maybe even (with "adaptive" or "multi-focal"
lenses) the presbyopia as well.

Perce