Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Steam bending advice

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:34:18 -0700 (PDT), Phil Brown
wrote the following:

On Jul 8, 11:08 am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Phil Brown wrote:
I need to bend some 3/16" oak and I know enough to know I shouldn't
overcook it. Can some one give me a guideline on how long to leave it
in?
Thanks in advance,
Phil Brown

How long is it and what kind of radius do you need? Unless it is quite
short and/or you neeed a very tight radius, you can bend it dry. Oak bends
quite well.

--

dadiOH

Tried it dry, no luck. The bend is quite tight.
Phil Brown

God, I love it when people ask questions and fail, even when prompted,
to give clear examples of what the hell they're trying to do. Next
you'll be mad at me for not giving you the answer to an incompletely
posed query. thud

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following