Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
On 7/7/2010 7:08 PM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 7/7/2010 2:27 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
"Steve wrote:

I like just a little light.

Do you have blue, gray or green eyes? I have blue eyes. My
brother
has brown eyes. My late mother had brown eyes.

My mother would often turn on the light over the sink when I
was
washing dishes and say, "Isn't that better?" I would reply,
"No,
it's just brighter. It's not better." My brother always
seems to
want rooms more brightly lit than I want them.
--

I'm very nearsighted and the more light, the better for me.
This is

Then you're farsighted.

If you need "reading" glasses, here's a trick. Get your eyes
examined by a
professional and get a script for magnifying contact lenses (a
"+" value).

Wear only one.

Sorry, I'm an expert on myopia going on 60 years. I wear concave
not convex lenses. My lenses move the point of focus back so the
light
will focus on my retinas. I'm -9 in one eye and -6.5 in the
other.
I am nearsighted. Presbyopia started bothering me around age 50
and
I often take my glasses off in order to see very close up.

TDD

Have you looked into LASIK or even implantable lenses? I was
around -8 in both eyes and wore glasses since 2nd grade. At 51, I
had LASIK done. I laid on the table and in 5 minutes was told to
sit up. There was no pain or sensation at all. The next morning,
I was 20-25 in both eyes and that improved to 20-15 within a
month. It was almost like a miracle.

Later, cataracts came along and it was back under the knife, so to
speak. Again, the morning after the surgery, the implanted lenses
had taken me back to 20-25 and again by the end of a month, I was
20-20 and could read menus in dim light again.

Nonny

--
On most days,
it's just not worth