Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Pressure Regulator

On Jul 8, 12:46*pm, Ken wrote:
* * * * I am contemplating the replacement of the water pressure regulator for
my home. *The measured pressure in my home is about 100 PSI and it is
recommended that it be below 80 PSI. *The current regulator is buried in
the ground and covered with dirt. *I know this because I had it replaced
almost 30 years ago when the old one sprung a leak.

* * * * My question is this: *Is there any good reason not to bury the
regulator in the ground?? *My first thought is that aside from being in
an inaccessible location, it might deteriorate faster under ground and
covered with dirt although it is brass. *On the other side, it has been
in that location for 30 years and it would be less work to simply
replace it where it current is. *Any thoughts???

My pressure is often over 100. I know lots of other people that have
pressure higher than 80. Don't kno wthat I would worry about it
unless you have previous plumbing problems with pipe that has issues.