Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Water Pressure Regulator

"Ken" wrote in message
I am contemplating the replacement of the water pressure regulator for my
home. The measured pressure in my home is about 100 PSI and it is
recommended that it be below 80 PSI. The current regulator is buried in
the ground and covered with dirt. I know this because I had it replaced
almost 30 years ago when the old one sprung a leak.

My question is this: Is there any good reason not to bury the regulator
in the ground?? My first thought is that aside from being in an
inaccessible location, it might deteriorate faster under ground and
covered with dirt although it is brass. On the other side, it has been in
that location for 30 years and it would be less work to simply replace it
where it current is. Any thoughts???

Why not leave it there if you show 100psi and add one in series inside the
house where water line enters? WW