Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Material for workbench top

On Jul 8, 1:14*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:42:48 -0700, Ziggs wrote:
I have a 15 year old particle board workbench. The top is worn and I
would like to put some type of material over the top so that I have a
smoother surface. *Any Suggestions? *If so, what material should I have
cut to specs and what's the best way to place it (thickness)? Nail it
in? *Sand top, apply adhesive, press new top on?

I keep thinking about getting hold of a broken chest freezer, purely for
the metal panels that I could use from the lid and front to use as tops
for the workbench. Just one of those jobs that I haven't got around to
yet :-)

After some 35 years recovered top of bench (itself built from scrapped
shipping pallets in the 1970s) with some scrapped 3/8ths plywood.

Then painted it with some leftover paint. Works as well as it ever did.