Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Wiring a phone jack

"desgnr" wrote in message

I found the phone line that has 6 conductors.
White wire w/ Orange
White wire w/ Green
Green wire w/ White
Blue wire w/ white
White wire w/ Blue
Orange wire w/ White

I ran a wire but it has 4 conductors.
Red
Green
Yellow
Black

How do i wire this for Verizon DSL ?
Do i have to use all 6 Conductor's ?

This is what I have done, and it works for me. It is getting more difficult
to do, as the old type phones are not available any more.

Wires come into the house in pairs, and the number of pairs dictate the
number of lines. 8 wires, four lines. 4 wires, two lines.

Wires are used in pairs. The solid color and the striped one with that same
color with the white stripe is one line. You can use a test phone and touch
the wires to the incoming lugs, and when you hit the right two wires, you
will get a dial tone.

It's that simple.

Steve