Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Abusive padlock tests

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 11:51:33 -0700, gpsman wrote:

On Jul 7, 10:37Â*am, wrote:

I have an 18 volt Ryobi rotary tool. With a metal cutoff wheel mounted
I can open any padlock about as fast as if I had the key.

I can open a typical padlock with a hammer faster than if I had the key,
one-handed. Shackle usually pops right out.

.... and bust a window and jump through even faster than that :-)

It always surprises me that people put huge locks on timber structures;
no matter how good the lock may be, it surely can't be that difficult to
just demolish the surrounding wood to gain access?