Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Abusive padlock tests

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 06:29:38 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 21:08:36 -0700 (PDT), Larry Fishel
wrote:

On Jul 7, 2:52 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
We are an agent and assign of the management company, so legally have
permission and access to anything on the property.

Have you checked your local laws? Here in Florida, regardless of
permission or even if you're opening your own house, possession of
lock picks is illegal unless you're actually a locksmith... (I don't
remember the exact language, but it's pretty restrictive.)

It is called 'possession of burglar's tools' in New York.

Here's the wording for FL [all other state on this page;
http://www.lockpickguide.com/legalityoflockpicks.html ]
"Section 810.06 - Possession of burglary tools. Whoever has in his or
her possession any tool, machine, or implement with intent to use the
same, or allow the same to be used, to commit any burglary or trespass
shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as
provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. "

And as I read both of them- you're OK if you have permission to enter
the property.
[and I think Steve is in UT where there are *no* codes.]

Jim

Almost all our work is done in Nevada. We have had a couple of jobs in
Utah, and Arizona.

Steve