Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Abusive padlock tests

"Larry Fishel" wrote in message
On Jul 7, 2:52 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
We are an agent and assign of the management company, so legally have
permission and access to anything on the property.

Have you checked your local laws? Here in Florida, regardless of
permission or even if you're opening your own house, possession of
lock picks is illegal unless you're actually a locksmith... (I don't
remember the exact language, but it's pretty restrictive.)

reply: I only stated that we had legal permission of the owners and
management companies to open locked areas, and that would include using bolt
cutters or a prybar. Yes, they are illegal to possess. I have LEO
experience, and family on the force there. I also have a license plate ring
that identifies me subtly as a family member of the force there. I have my
old ID. The picklocks are always hidden, and for any officer to be able to
find them, they would have to be on a search for something else to toss the
entire car. I am a well behaved citizen and that isn't going to happen.

I fail to see that if you are on your own property that there can be a
problem about opening a door. But then The Republik of Kalifornia has
strange laws, and perhaps Florida does too.

Steve