Tony

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

Blame it on the greedy executives!!!
John wrote in message
news
Blame the Unions!!

Years ago when there was not much government regulations, companies
could do and treat people anyway they wanted. Unions then helped
people.

Education, regulations, and the workplace has gotten 10x better and
safer. Now companies spend billions either paying extra $$'s because
of unions, or spending the money keeping a union out.

I have worked across the US in manufacturing and have found the
quality of union work to be worse than non-union work. Union workers
are not motivated like non union workers are.

I have worked union and non-union contractors on the same job and the
nonunion contractor does equal or better work and is much more
flexible.

Why an educated worker needs someone to represent them, I don't know
or understand.

What I do know is that companies closing their doors and moving their
operations to Mexico or China, are mostly union based companies.

In my own company we have union and non union plants. Those plants
that are non union are consistently more productive, efficient, have
less waste, and are more engaged than the union plants.

Unions are a real waste to our economy.

If you are in a union, ask yourself why it is that you need someone to
represent you and when your company moves operations to the south,
Mexico, or China, how much you got in that last strike helped that
company make that decision.

On 10 Nov 2003 14:43:49 GMT, Brian Elfert wrote:

Is any woodworking maachinery for the hobbyist still made in the USA?

I'm looking for a 14" bandsaw. Delta makes them in the USA, but the
current models don't have a great reputation. Powermatic is making a

real
nice 14" bandsaw, but in Taiwan. I would rather see jobs stay in the USA
and pay a bit more for my tools.

Many other types of stationary tools simply aren't made in the USA unless
you want to buy high end models for thousands of dollars.

I was just at Home Depot a few days ago buying tools in the hand tool
promotion. I only bought stuff made in the USA. I may have paid a bit
more, but someone might have a job for another day now. I was going to
buying a socket set, but Husky tools are all made in Taiwan now so those
stayed on the shelf.

Brian Elfert