Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Rain drainage solution

cubby wrote:
I posted about this an age ago and people asked for pictures. Now
that construction is moving forward I finally have some.

Here's my issue. I have a section between two dormers that is
essentially marooned from a guttering pov. Look at the pic and it will
make sense. Rain falls down that middle section straight in front of
the garage and splashes onto/underneath/thru the sides of the doors.
I have to do something to keep the rain away from the front of the
garage doors. Here are the options I am considering:

1. Running guttering straight down from the middle section to the
space between the middle and right garage opening - not very favorable
as I think it will look odd with the pipe coming down in the middle of
the wall and it will mean having to lose the exterior light in that
space (not in the pic but there are lights either side of each garage
door)

I wouldn't worry about it looking odd - the off-center dormers and the
structures being taller on the left than the right already do that.