Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cordless phones

Please note, the "privacy" codes provide no privacy. They are a low
tone which opens the squelch. You can transmit on 1-30 and someone
with a cheap set on ch 1 can hear everything you say.

Try it... set one radio to 1-30 and other one to 1-0, and talk back
and forth. The no code 1-0 can hear everything.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

Wow..... You must live in a densely populated area. With the
permutations
of channels on there, there must be thousands. I never had that
problem,
and when we did, we'd just jump channels.

Steve