Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shed in communal garden

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 06:53:05 +0100, Harry Syme wrote:

Surely no-one can claim a piece of communal garden for their own
personal use?

Can I complain about this and which council department would I contact ?

Is the block owned by the council? If not they won't be interested
(unless Scottish Law about sheds is different to English).

If the block is privately owned and the flats owned or rented by the
residents you'll have to find the deeds and see what they say about
use of the communal areas. You may find there is nothing specific
about sheds so it would then be up to any residents association to
decide if sheds are allowed and what can or can't be done etc.

--
Cheers
Dave.