Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default cordless phones

"WW" wrote in message

"cj" wrote in message
greetings, my elderly father spends alot of time at his workshop and barn
that are about 300 feet from the house.he has concerns about calling for
help whilst away from the house so i am looking for a cordless phone that
would cover that kind of range or better.does such a cordless phone
exist? stringing a land line is not really an option.
thanks, cj

Similar problem here. Tried those 2 way radios. Hard to find a channel
that has does not other people on it..So bought a cell Trac Phone from
WalMart. Inexpensive and minutes are low cost. Wife is disabled and I
carry this phone left on when working in the shop or if I leave the house.
That way she calls me with our regular phone. Works great. WW

Wow..... You must live in a densely populated area. With the permutations
of channels on there, there must be thousands. I never had that problem,
and when we did, we'd just jump channels.

Steve