Posted to alt.home.repair
cln cln is offline

Default Air Conditioner (window)

Green is safety ground, should go to the case of the air conditioner,
black is the "hot" lead. *You didn't say where the cable came loose,
just that you reconnected it. *Maybe you got something wrong. *More

Sorry, The AC was daggling by the the wire and had only tore the wire
casing. The green, black, white looked good so I tested it with an ohm
meter to see if it was broken. For this I had to detach the wire from
the AC unit. When I was putting it back together, I knew where the
ground went (yes casing) and black. But the White wire I'm not
certain of. The capacitor has more than one prong available... I can't
see it clearly either (too cramped), I think the best thing at this
point is to check with the supplier for a wiring diagram and open up
the machine more so I can see the inside of the controllers better.

WW
I will also let it sit for a while before I turn it on. I do recall
mine saying the same thing. I did have it on its side when I was
reconnecting the wires and it was defiantly not 24h before I put it
back up.

Called a local repair guy, he says the hardware store has some on sale
this week! (basically and literaly)