Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Stainles steel fridge door. Do fridge magnets attach?

Viewing the collection of 'stuff' on the door of our 30 year old white
enamelled kitchen fridge wondering if, when it ultimately needs
replacement, do fridge magnets attach to stainless?

Not particularly enamoured of stainless, but just curious. Also,
around here anyway, one can always find cheap white appliances,
sometimes even for 'free', from renovations etc. for the trouble of
taking them away and/or minor repair.

But; that absolutely basic Sears Kenmore, with freezer section at top,
has given excellent, really excellent, service. We brought it home
plugged it in all those years ago and it' been working ever since.

Only had one to do one out of service repair (the defrost timer) in
all the years owned; that have included running a small catering
company which required loading and overloading the fridge at times
with items such as oversized turkeys etc. The only other work done on
it has been to replace a cracked off shelf with one made of plywood
(those 26 pound turkeys you know!), rip out some corroded wiring in
the bottom right hand corner of the main compartment, leading to to a
completely useless door mounted 'Butter keeper' and also take it out
to a local auto-body repairer, be resprayed white, from it it's
orginal 'Harvest Gold' (that'll tell you j how old it is!) some 20+
years ago. Also will just mention that respraying white to match the
stove etc. was the idea of my late wife.