Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cordless phones

On Jul 7, 9:52*am, "WW" wrote:
"cj" wrote in message

greetings, my elderly father spends alot of time at his workshop and barn
that are about 300 feet from the house.he has concerns about calling for
help whilst away from the house so i am looking for a cordless phone that
would cover that kind of range or better.does such a cordless phone exist?
stringing a land line is not really an option.
thanks, cj

Similar problem here. Tried those 2 way radios. Hard to find a channel that
has does not other people on it..So bought a cell Trac Phone from WalMart..
Inexpensive and minutes are low cost. Wife is disabled and I carry this
phone left on when working in the shop or if I leave the house. That way she
calls me with our regular phone. Works great. WW

Yeah, cordless phones have FCC limits on power output and 300 feet is
getting marginal. The pay per use cellphone is probably a much better
choice. If your father works in a metal-enclosed building, both the
cellphone and the cordless phone will have problems.