Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default doggie doors

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:58:38 -0700, wrote:

one of my dogs likes to lay in the door holding it open in the coldest
weather, which is why I recommend a double door with dog house
vestibule...

Yeah, I could end up doing that if it's needed; there's space for it
where the current doggie door is.

Anyone know where to get the door material from? I could make a door if I
knew where to get sheets of the clear rubber stuff from - couple of flaps
of that, a little metal trim on the bottom, some kind of brush trim,
magnets, wood frame etc.

I built a 20x20' kennel on the back of the house where the house doggie
door comes out; forming part of the back wall of the kennel is an old
well shed that we don't use for anything, so it might make a nice outside
covered space for the dogs. I could run power to it, put a heat lamp in
etc., but I don't fancy spending another $100 on another door :-)

cheers

Jules