Posted to alt.home.repair

Default doggie doors

On Jul 7, 3:07*am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 7/5/2010 1:11 PM nefletch spake thus:

I am wanting to install a doggie door to my garage so my
hounds can let themselves in and out. *I was cruising the
net, and I seen one that will install in the wall, has double
doors, and does look pretty nice, but $ 270.00 ? *Crap,
(excuse the pun) that is a lot of money for a nice doggie
door. *Anyone recomend a good double seal door?
thanks in advance

Not the answer you wanted; the door I'm describing is even more
expensive ($400). I installed one of these for a client. It's an
electric door activated by a magnetic collar on the pet. Opens a clear
acrylic panel vertically to let the pet in or out. Keeps the weather
pretty much out. Pretty cool solution, but not cheap.

http://www.moorepet.com/Solo-Fully-A...-Door-s/74.htm

my concern if you live where extreme weather could endager your pet a
door malfunction could kill them.

Thats why I have 2 seperate doggie doors, poodles are small and could
freeze to death in winter sometimes zero degrees.

Its not a issue currently with hoighs in the 90s.

my dogs are smart they mostly stay indoors in the AC when its hot like
this