Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default How to protect (low voltage?) wire on TOP of concrete driveway inslot

On Jul 6, 10:03*pm, Joe wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:31*pm, Elmo dcdraftwo...@Use-Author-Supplied-

Address.invalid wrote:
There's a wire crossing my concrete driveway in the slot which I tripped on
and kicked up and need to put back.

It just about fits in the groove, almost filling the groove. I think it's
for the low-voltage lights but I'm not sure what it's for.

First pull the entire wire out of the groove. Set it aside. Borrow or
rent a common circular saw with a diamond blade. Use the saw to deepen
and/or widen the groove as needed. Clean out the groove. Fill it half
way with a caulk recommended for concrete. Insert wire, press firmly
down and top off groove with sealant. Now it's permanent. Return the
saw to the owner. Wasn't that easy?

snip

Joe

what's the wire for? just curious...