Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good small LED flashlights

Might need a current limiting resistor. I've not done much work with
LED. I'm told that when they heat up, the internal resistance drops to
near zero. So, running on D cells will over amp them. The small
batteries aren't an issue, the small batteries can't put out enough
amps to damage.

Like I say, I've not tried this. But some internet research will help.
I love the idea of making under counter lights, or area lights. I also
like the idea of make one on three D cells side to side, and use as a
night light for power cuts.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I'm gonna cut the heads off about three of the HF flashlights, attach
them
to a track and hook up a 4.5v wall-wart to see if I can't make an
economical
under-cabinet counter light.

Maybe I can replace the flashlight switch with a magnetic switch to
turn on
the flashlight when the closet door opens.

We have potential here...