Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good small LED flashlights

Subject: "five watt" flashlights follow up
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:01 PM

Runs about 3.5 hours on alkaline batteries. Draws
about 0.75 amps. After 3 hours, the cells were
down to about 1.13 volts. It didn't last long
after that.

With NiMH cells, draws about 0.73 amps, so the
brightness is about the same. I'd guess the run
time depednds on the capacity of the NiMH cells.
The Rayovacs from Walmart should be about 3
hours, maybe 2.5 hours.

Still, longer than the "about an hour" from my
tactical Xenon.

http://tinyurl.com/yz5gots

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...nkw=Torch-CA34
These "five watt" lights. The current draw is
actually two watts. But, it's brighter than my
one watt Luxeon, and takes the convenient
(and less expensive) AA cells.

I'm going to keep using my mini mag for pocket
carry, simply cause I'm used to the size, and
twisty function. These are (almost) the same
size as the Mini Mag. But, these would make
good tool box lights. Since I already have a
pocket carry light. Shame they didn't come with
belt cases. I've got enough mini mag cases, that
likely fit just fine. Belt carry might be good for
working security, or some place where having
a spare light would be useful.

The light is about the same bright (indoor test)
as my Ultrafire Xenon. But much cheaper
batteries, and probably longer run time. The
Ultrafire is crisply white light, the LED is
slightly blue. More blue than my Teralux. Well
worth ten bucks, I think.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus