Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default IR home leak imaging

wrote:
I knew someone who got some used fancy oilfield devices and imaged
houses to find leaks using not only infrared but some pretty fancy
math to compare how the images changed as the temperature changed
during the day to night cycle. I gotta wonder if this has advanced
much in the decade since.

I have some siding, poynting and roof leaks, whose repair would be a
lot less costly if I could get a cheap imaging analysis.

If you want to experiment with it yourself, consider an appropriate infared
filter for your camera.