Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

SMS wrote:

The problem with LED flashlights is that most of them suck. The
manufacturer puts in a very low quality, low power, LED (or a bunch of
crappy LEDs) and sells the thing for $5 (or in the case of Harbor
Freight Tools, even less), but it has a crappy lens and reflector
along with the crappy LED. There are some excellent LED flashlights,
but the high power comes at a price both in initial cost and in
battery life.

I'm gonna cut the heads off about three of the HF flashlights, attach them
to a track and hook up a 4.5v wall-wart to see if I can't make an economical
under-cabinet counter light.

Maybe I can replace the flashlight switch with a magnetic switch to turn on
the flashlight when the closet door opens.

We have potential here...