Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

"notbob" wrote in message
I like just a little light. Some of my pet peeves a People
who need
four Coleman lanterns (or one even) at a campsite.

Yes, those can be a bit much.

If a person uses a small amount of light, it is amazing what
they can see.

What's amazing is that you assume what works for you also works
for
everyone else.

for whatever reason need to light up the area until everything
is
WHITE!

....or perhaps just be able to see!

Little known fact: Not everyone sees as well as you.

It's amazing how much light is lost to cataracts. As I aged, I
noticed that reading in restaurants became difficult and even when
driving, it never seemed to be bright enough. Remember, also,
that your dept of field decreases with the pupil increasing in
size. Even with new lens implants, I still don't see as well in
low light conditions as I did when younger.

YMMV

As for the Harbor Freight-type flashlights, I love them. They
weigh little and are perfect for trips to the backyard to check up
on the smoker.

Nonny

--
On most days,