Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

On 7/6/2010 1:03 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2010-07-06, wrote:

As far as them being bogus I guess all of the military& police and
folks like me who use good LED flashlights every day and understand the
difference must be clueless?

Yeah, the Police!! There's a good example.

Are those the same police that went from a single flashing red light
to what now amounts to a blinding carnival of lights on top of their
patrol car, none of which, judging by the total candlepower generated,
is even remotely LED driven. Holy Christ! Those lightbars are
generating enough lumens to signal Pluto and cause more accidents than
they prevent. Drive by any accident site, late at night, with more
than two black n' whites present, and it's safer to stare directly
into the sun!

Maybe you haven't kept up with LED technology. All of those new lighting
systems you see on emergency vehicles are LED. They are small, take very
low average power, require simple circuitry since high voltage is not
required as in strobe lights.

Is this the same Military that went from the .308 NATO round to a
prairie dog cartridge and dumped the venerable Colt 1911 in favor of
an Italian wienie gun? The same military that has GIs begging to
bring back the M14 and buying .45 autos with their own money rather
than get stuck defending themselves with an LED sized bullet?

nb

Got it, you don't like anything you aren't familiar with and will just
launch into an endless "see how about this other thing" whenever someone
tries to offer you some information.