Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

James H. wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 21:52:55 -0700 (PDT), Harry K wrote:

The 'not starting' is almost assuredly a sheared pin.

Hi Harry,
I suspect you are right.
I found the exploded diagrams for the Briggs & Stratton 6.5HP 21" push
mower (Sears catalogue number 917.388853) on http://searspartsdirect.com

http://tinyurl.com/32mzm2n

But the weird thing is I can't find the "flywheel key" anywhere on the
exploded parts diagram.

There's just one big part (#59) called "Engine" which must contain the
sheared flywheel key; but I think I'll have to call Sears in the morning to
find the missing flywheel key.

If anyone looks at that http://searspartsdirect exploded diagram, do YOU
see the flywheel key?

You now must go to a Briggs online catalog. Sears doesn't list all the
engine parts because they don't make them. First search the engine for
the Briggs model and all other numbers with it. They often changed
parts during the run so those other numbers will get you to the proper
info. I think the numbers are normally stamped on the cowling part that
surrounds the flywheel.