Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny[_2_] Nonny[_2_] is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
Great testimony. Glad it worked for you. I find the HFT free
lights
have terrible machining for the threads. Needs a bit of grease,
on the
threads. The cheap carbon zinc cells aren't all that great.

I take the cheap batteries out, and use them in my remote
reading
thermometer, to use them up. And then put alkalines in as
needed.

Like many folks, I have several of the HFT free lights. I store
them
without batteries.

Maybe it's a difference in Harbor Freight stores, but I took the
batteries out of 4 HFT lights I have sitting right her by my
computer. I got them over the past 2-3 months with the free
coupons. Every one of them has alkaline batteries in them, so
YMMV. My friend and I joke that the batteries alone are worth the
drive to get the free lights.

Nonny

--
On most days,