Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good small LED flashlights

The mag original LED are expensive, but very effective. The lights
retail about $30. I caught a sale, and bought two, which run on 3D
cells. Brighter and whiter than the 3D Garrrity they replaced. I'm not
sure if the Mag LED bulbs break, on impact. I had a filament Mag bulb
go sideways when I dropped it in a parking lot. The light still
worked, but the light pattern was a bit strange.

Nite Ize, and Garrity replacement LED bulbs emit blue fog sort-of
light.

Other than Mag original, I find LED to be useful as close range light.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B"
wrote in message ...

Can they double up as a nightstick like the long MagLites
and hold up?

How far can they throw usable light, and can they be focused
down to a small spot like the MagLite?

I just ask because my SIL and daughter are PO's and she
gave me her MagLite because she didn't like its bigness.
I love it. I haven't had to hit anyone with it, though.

Yet. All the LED's I have seen throw a halo of light, and not
specifically focused down into any small circle. Maybe there
are some out there that will do that. Are there?

In any case, my dozens of $3 LEDs laying around the house,
shop, garage, and cars work nicely, and for bigger than that,
I have a 4 D cell floating light that will throw a spot for a long
long way. $16, IIRC. One size does not fit all, and different
lights work differently. I have a Ray-O-Vac headlamp that
has incandescent, LED, and red filter on it. That one really
works great, and was $12, IIRC.

Steve