Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

On 2010-07-06, Steve B wrote:

and different lights work differently. I have a Ray-O-Vac headlamp that has
incandescent, LED, and red filter on it. That one really works great, and
was $12, IIRC.

What's that "incandescent, LED, and red filter on it" headlamp?

I used to have the great Ray-O-Vac incandescent headlamp. Literally
wore it out after 20 yrs hard use. Now, they no longer make it and
it's a crying shame. The good news is, you can still find one (NOS)
at Ten Square Racing:

http://tinyurl.com/2awwxe2

The bad news is, they want $30! and it's been modified and no longer
includes the battery holster, and end connectors. More good news,
though. They rewired it for the rigors of sled racing and you can
still get screw connector 6V lantern batteries (TrueValueHardware).
You can also get a Krypton bulb for it. This is the same headlight
used by Lance Mackey to win the Iditarod Dog Sled Race the last four
years running.

I jes bought a one. Love it! Incandescent ain't dead yet.

nb