Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

On 7/5/2010 10:44 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Daniel Prince wrote:
I want a good, small LED flashlight that uses one or two AA cells.
(I do not like AAA cells because they cost the same as AA and have
40 percent as much power. I do not want one with more than two
cells because it makes it hard to use rechargeable cells without
reversing and ruining one.)

I want a slide switch with ribs on each side so that it is less
likely to turn itself on. A recessed push button would also be
good. I do not want a screw type switch because they are hard to
use with one hand.

Can anyone recommend one? Thank you in advance for all replies.

The free ones at HF exactly fit your requirements except they use 3 AAA
batteries.

He said he wanted good. Those Harbor Freight flashlights are novelty
class. I have one good CREE single cell flashlight that has multiple
intensities. Those Harbor Freight flashlights have significantly less
intensity then the lowest intensity of my flashlight.

I have a holster for it and also a velcro holder for use as a headlight
on the bike.

I used to have a whole bunch of various flashlights and it is just one
of those things that if you haven't used a good one you don't know what
you are missing and once you get one you wonder why you didn't do it a
long time ago.

The light I have has an easily replaceable end cap which has the push
button switch. So the most likely failure point is easy to fix.

You won't find a single-cell led light as they require 3.6 volts (usually).

Rechargeable batteries in a flashlight is generally a bad move - the go bad
just sitting there.