IMM

Default water pipes in new houses

"tim" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

Mike Taylor wrote:

Yes perfectly legal and acceptable practice
The construction industry is, contrary to popular belief, coming

round
the 20th Century. (still a way to catch up to the 21st I know)
What is the problem with plastic pipes?

well in another 60 years we will probably find out :-)

He should just read the current threads on this Lego material.

Proper pipes are made of wood.

A friend of mine went to work for the gas company in Sydney in Australia

in
the 1970s. Around the harbour bridge they still had bamboo pipes under

the
ground. he didn't have a clue on how to join it.

I doubt he is alone.

Come'on tell us, how do you join them?

tim

If my memory is right, I think he said using tar or some other similar
stuff. he always ripped it out as far as he could.

---