Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good small LED flashlights

If you look on www.ebay.com you can find some examples of suitable
lights. I've gotten 2 AA light with tailcap push button switch for
about ten bucks. Takes two weeks to arrive from Hong Kong, but
perfectly good light.

The "watt" ratings are over stated. My five watt light draws two
watts, and my three watt single cell light draws about 0.3 watts. Both
perfectly useful lights. The light is slightly blue.

Rechargable cells tend to go dead on their own. They are fine for
applications when you can rotate several through a charger, and into
the unit. For example, pocket digital camera with high drain flash.
For occasional household use, alkalines are the way to go.

Nicads and nickel metal are lower voltage, so the light will be less
bright.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
I want a good, small LED flashlight that uses one or two AA cells.
(I do not like AAA cells because they cost the same as AA and have
40 percent as much power. I do not want one with more than two
cells because it makes it hard to use rechargeable cells without
reversing and ruining one.)

I want a slide switch with ribs on each side so that it is less
likely to turn itself on. A recessed push button would also be
good. I do not want a screw type switch because they are hard to
use with one hand.

Can anyone recommend one? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,