Posted to alt.home.repair
James H. James H. is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:12:08 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

No mower is designed to mow rocks.

The soil up here is so rocky that you can't help but hit little stones,
hundreds of them, every day. It just is. There's no way to get rid of them
because if you remove them, more take their place.

Based on all your help, I'm sure I sheared the $0.32 "key-flywheel" (Sears
P/N 222698) which I'll get from Sears or Briggs & Stratton tomorrow.
http://www.mfgsupply.com/SmEngEngineBSFly.html

Which is $3.32 (ten times that) at searspartsdirect:
http://tinyurl.com/2ulw53v

In the meantime, I'm looking up DIYs and found this good one:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4828024_repl...-stratton.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-QINnsFYw0