Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Good small LED flashlights

Daniel Prince wrote:
I want a good, small LED flashlight that uses one or two AA cells.
(I do not like AAA cells because they cost the same as AA and have
40 percent as much power. I do not want one with more than two
cells because it makes it hard to use rechargeable cells without
reversing and ruining one.)

I want a slide switch with ribs on each side so that it is less
likely to turn itself on. A recessed push button would also be
good. I do not want a screw type switch because they are hard to
use with one hand.

Can anyone recommend one? Thank you in advance for all replies.

The free ones at HF exactly fit your requirements except they use 3 AAA
batteries.

You won't find a single-cell led light as they require 3.6 volts (usually).

Rechargeable batteries in a flashlight is generally a bad move - the go bad
just sitting there.